Firefox Download Manager Integration
V. 126.96.36.199 Download Anything, Replay Anytime.
Main good news are:
- FlashGot Media detection of Youtube's demuxed (DASH) streams, thanks user for patch.
- FlashGot Media support for downloading Real media streams.
- Various FlashGot Media improvements, especially on complex Youtube scenarios.
- Firefox Australis UI compatibility.
- Asynchronous (much more responsive) Youtube signature decoder sniffing (thanks "user" for patch).
- flashgot.media.autoCloseDocument about:config preference controls whether the embedding page should be closed as soon as a media download starts (thanks Ama97 for RFE)
- Restored Firefox Nightly and DownThemAll! compatibility.
- Updated fr & pl localizations (thanks Jack Black and Teo)
- Automatic adaptive Youtube handling (thanks "user" for patches).
- FlashGot Media now grabs every HTTP-based Youtube movie (thanks "user" for patches).
- Better cookie handling.
- Support for the FlashGot All command on XML documents containing URL-like element attributes.
- More compatible and complete generic URL parameter redirector (grabs the "real" final URLs from redirects and trackers).
- Addresses of media content captured by FlashGot Media can be copied to the clipboard by right-clicking their menu entries (thanks GµårÐïåñ for RFE).
- Improved link chooser dialog's destination path textbox selection behavior, allowing for easier copy & paste.
- On the fly download when changing the default download manager now working for single links too.
- FlashGot Media support for dailymotion.com fragmented video clips.
- Updated dfiles.eu (FKA depositfiles.com) preprocessing for batch direct link premium downloads (similar FlashGot-supported preprocessed file sharing services are fileserve.com, filesonic.com, hotfile.com, megaupload.com, netload.in, rapidshare.com, uploading.com, uploaded.to, ul.to, zshare.com).
- Fixed Linux terminal support broken in some distros.
- Links in the chooser dialog can now be sorted by any attribute.
- Improved link chooser user interface for quick selection.
- Better defaults for automatic link choices and checkbox to always choose all the links by default.
- Added checkbox to control toolbar button visibility in the Media options tab.
- HTML 5 "download" attribute support.
- FlashGot Media toolbar icon placement can be customized also while no media is playing.
- Brand new multiple link selector for download managers which don't provide their own (such as the built-in or JDownloader).
- Restored imagefap.com automatic gallery spidering, which had been broken by site layout changes (thanks nucus for reporting).
- Added recent folders autocompletion support to built-in save path chooser; just focus the text field or type in it to have up to 10 recently used download paths to be looked up (thanks Scott Merrill for RFE)
- Added suggested file name support for links diverted from the "Save as" dialog.
- Full FlareGet support.
- Restored built-in download manager compatibility with Nightly (thanks helpfulboy02 for reporting).
- Added private mode support when calling built-in download manager.
- Enhanced About dialog.
- Better FlashGot Media handling of chunked formats.
- Initial support for ZigzagDownLoader
- Improved support for the FlareGet download manager.
- Further accuracy improvements in the Middle mouse button + drag south gesture, which triggers either FlashGot Link or FlashGot Selection, depending on the context (can be disabled by setting the flashgot.gesture about:config preference to false).
- UA placeholder for user agent string available to custom download manager definitions
- Improved oron.com preprocessing for batch direct link downloads (similar FlashGot-supported preprocessed file sharing services are fileserve.com, filesonic.com, hotfile.com, megaupload.com, netload.in, rapidshare.com, uploading.com, uploaded.to, ul.to, zshare.com).
- Batch download support for linksafe.me (other already supported link protection/redirection services are chooselinks.com, re-links.com, protectlinks.com, rapidsafe.net, relink.us, rsmonkey.com, hideurl.biz, ftp2share.net, rapidbolt.com, linkbank.eu, linkbucks.com, rsprotect.com
- Updated and enhanced batch download support for relink.us (other already supported link protection/redirection services are chooselinks.com, re-links.com, protectlinks.com, rapidsafe.net, rsmonkey.com, hideurl.biz, ftp2share.net, rapidbolt.com, linkbank.eu, linkbucks.com, rsprotect.com (WARNING: Feb 15 2009, the rsprotect.com web site is infected, don't open without NoScript enabled), link-protector.com, stealth.to and lix.in, urlcash.net).
- Download Studio support (trial download here).
- Improved FlashGot Options|FlashGot Media panel, to choose a distinct download manager for streaming media capture. Firefox's built-in download manager is recommended because it uses browser's cache whenever possible and supports name guessing, and it's set as the default for FlashGot Media on new installatios.
- Windows visual download managers are fully supported on Linux and Mac OS X through Wine and Darwine (tested with FlashGet and Orbit Downloader on Ubuntu 8.0.4). You can enable or disable Wine support by setting the flashgot.useWine about:config preference to true or false.
More in the changelog...
FlashGot, the best Firefox download manager integration, has been honored in the May 2006 issue of PC World,
the most widely-read computer or business magazine, as one of the "101 Fabulous Freebies"
"Each download or service on the list impressed the editors with its functionality and usability,” said Harry McCracken, VP/editor in chief of PC World. "These are some of the most well-crafted services available – congratulations to FlashGot!"
Are you tired of "saving as..." one by one all those movies, music files, pictures, programs and so on?
Are you sick of getting them sooo slowly?
Are you afraid of losing them in the middle of download if you get disconnected or close your browser,
being forced to repeat all that tedious work?
Well, you need a download manager...
But... Aaaargh!!! my download manager doesn't work with
Firefox! They say it does, but where is my Download All menu?
How can I handle the tons of mp3, mpeg, jpg files that I want to download?
Well, you definitely need...
- for Windows (BitComet, Download Accelerator Plus, DownloadStudio, FlareGet, FlashGet, Free Download Manager, Fresh Download, GetRight, GigaGet, HiDownload, iGetter, InstantGet, Internet Download Accelerator, Internet Download Manager, JDownloader, LeechGet, Mass Downloader, Net Transport, NetXfer (Net Transport 2), NetAnts, Orbit, ReGet, Retriever*, Star Downloader, Thunder (Chinese only popular product), TrueDownloader and Ukrainian Download Master [Russian language only] ), Uget, WellGet, wxDFast
for Linux / FreeBSD / other Unix-like OSes
Axel Download Accelerator,
Downloader 4 X,
Many Windows-only download manager are supported on Linux through Wine!
for Mac OS X
Speed Download and
* wxDownload Fast for Mac OS X is currently available in source form only
FlashGot turns every supported download manager into a download manager for Firefox!
Is your preferred download manager not listed above? CLICK HERE
FlashGot offers also a Build Gallery functionality which helps to synthetize full media galleries in one page, from serial contents originally scattered on several pages, for easy and fast "download all".
Since I switched from MS Internet Explorer to a serious browser, I've had only one regret: I've been missing the ability to handle "massive downloads" through a multithreaded, file splitting download manager.
In IE there was a "Download all with MyNice DownloadManager" menu item, which delivered every link on a web page to the download manager, ready to be choosen and downloaded in batch.
There was nothing like this on Mozilla/Firefox, so I decided to build my solution with my own hands... and it works pretty well (at least for me).
Now, after many releases, FlashGot is probably the most advanced form of browser integration for download managers, often better than the native one provided for IE, featuring:
- a "FlashGot selection" command to selectively download items you highlight on the page (even pure textual links!)
- a Build Gallery command, helping you to auto-generate complete media gallery from partial ones to download at once all the contents in a serie.
- Convenient shortcuts and hooks for single downloads, like Alt+Click on a link and automatic interception of unknown content types, giving you the chance to override the default download manager when it is about to start.
- (more in the features page)